- Antenatal clinic (ANC):These include the regular checkup of a pregnant woman from the time she knows she is pregnant through to the point she goes into labour. ANC helps identify problems early, treat or manage the problems as well as allow for the planning of the delivery. Further, mothers to be are trained to identify and urgently report the risks and early warning signs at every stage of the pregnancy to allow for timely intervention.
- LABOUR AND DELIVERY:During the ANC visit, you and your spouse choose a hospital where you wish to be delivered and make a booking facilitated by our specialist Obstetrician/Gynaecologist. Our specialist have admission rights in all the major hospitals in Nairobi. When you eventually go into labour, you simply check into the labour ward of your hospital of choice. Our specialist is then informed and goes on to take care of you through labour, delivery and the post delivery period until you are well enough to go home. The newborn child is looked after by a pediatrician of your choice or one with whom our specialists work for the period you are in hospital.
- Post delivery exercise classesspouses are encouraged to attend so as to be useful partners.
- Labour and child birth classes– spouses are encouraged to attend so as to be useful birth partners.
- Breast care, breast feeding and early child care classes.spouses are encouraged to attend so as to be useful birth partners.
- Pap smear test:Did you know that a pap smear performed every one to three years can help detect changes that lead to cancer of the cervix 8 – 10 years before the cancer develops? The pap smear test is a simple, painless test where a sample is collected from the opening of the womb called the cervix through a vaginal examination to check for changes that lead to cancer or the presence of cancer. The first pap smear should ideally be performed on or about the first anniversary of your first ever sexual encounter and does not depend on frequency of sexual activity. A pap smear is best performed when you are not bleeding meaning it can be done any time from the 3-4th day from the end of your periods all the way till just before your next periods.
- Family centered, value based sexuality education:Our children are being exposed to sexual material at a very early age, long before we, as parents feel they are ready. Unfortunately, the more ignorant they are of their sexuality, the greater the risk of early sexual debut and teenage pregnancy. These unfortunate outcomes can be avoided if we proactively gave the children; both boys and girls, sexual education that is value based and family centred. Sexual education that teaches sex as a gift from God that is to be treasured, natured and used at the right time. Our lessons in sexual education include training on the dignity of the human being bestowed by the almighty God of all creation, the human life cycle and the ovulatory cycle. These trainings are aimed at teens and young adults and are available to large organized groups on booking.
- Family wellness:The family is the primary unit of society and its value in nurturing morally upright children, psycho-social support of the couple, wealth creation, as the first church and the foundation of any nation cannot be overemphasized. At Mercy Medical Center, we greatly value the family and do all we can to offer all round support from preconception advice, premarital and post marital counseling; all based on Christian moral values.
- The fertility cycle:Did you know that the man is fertile 100% of the time; that his sexual pleasure and giving of the seed that produces the child are totally inseparable? On the other hand, did you know that the woman is only fertile for 4 – 6 days in the month? That with very simple training, a woman can be taught to master the changes in her body that tell her she is about to get fertile or is fertile? We can train you and your spouse to use this knowledge of the natural human fertility to choose when to have or space your children and even marginally increase the accuracy of sex selection. Couples who have master the fertility cycle never need to use contraceptives. We also remove the Jadelle, Implanon and IUCD when you are ready.
- Post delivery care and examination of healing:Delivery of the baby, whether normal or by caesarian section cause wounds that need to heal. It is critical that the healing process is followed through carefully so that necessary interventions can be started early.
- Reversal of Medical Abortion:Have you attempted an abortion by taking abortion inducing medication? Have you changed your mind after taking the medication? We offer treatment that can reverse the abortion without harm to the preborn person. For the treatment to be effective, it needs to be started as soon as possible after taking the abortion causing medication so please contact us as soon as you can.
- Infertility:Are you having problems conceiving? We perform investigations to determine the cause and offer treatment for infertility.
- Pregnancy loss:Have you lost a pregnancy? Have you had a miscarriage? Has you child died in the womb? We offer post pregnancy loss counseling, investigate the cause of pregnancy loss and offer treatment.
- Woman wellness clinic:Women are sometimes busy and forget to take care of themselves! Yet a regular annual checkup when you feel totally well can help detect problems early before there is too much damage. At Mercy Medical Centre, your wellness and health is our top priority.
- Crisis pregnancy counseling and care:Are you stressed by your pregnancy? Did it happen before you were ready? Are you worried what your parents, classmates, teacher or pastor will say or do to you? Did you conceive the child after sexual assault? Are you considering an abortion? Are you being pushed by your friend, family or health care worker to consider an abortion against your will? Don’t be afraid, at Mercy Medical Centre, we have your back! We are very proud of your courageous decision not to harm your innocent child! We will offer you counseling and support to ensure that you and the baby get the best possible outcome. We work with partners who can will offer you free shelter and food as you wait for the baby to be born and ever cater for the cost of delivery. Further, they offer family counseling aimed at reconciling you and your family where possible.
obstetric and gynecological care services
The brief as stated:
Mercy Medical Centre
CARDINAL OTUNGA ANNEX PLAZA,
Same compound as the Holy Family Basilica,
City Hall Way, Nairobi
Call Tel: +254 729 370 022 | +254 733 370 022
Mon to Fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Sat 8:30 am to 1 pm
Sunday and Public Holidays we are closed